Hey, Dudes & Dudettes!
I am sure you have seen the charcoal craze and all the benefits charcoal has. I actually take charcoal daily to remove mold toxins from my body, so it’s no wonder people are using this fine powder for other health & beauty needs. After seeing tons of YouTube videos and blog posts about activated charcoal, I decided to try the charcoal mask and charcoal teeth whitening craze to see if they actually work.
Here is what you will need for the face Mask:
- Activated Charcoal Pills
- Elmer’s Glue
- Old make-up brush (clean of course!!)
- Open 2 pills and empty powder into a bowl
- squeeze at least 3 tablespoons of glue into the bowl with the powder and stir. You want the consistency to be creamy but not too liquidy.
- Take your old make-up brush and start slapping that black goo onto your face, making sure to cover all surfaces. (Do not get this in your eyes or your mouth! So technically, not ALL surfaces of your face. Mind those baby hairs as well..)
- Let the mask sit for 20-30 minutes. Once it’s dry peel from the chin area in an upwards motion.
While you let the face mask dry, let’s also whiten our teeth!
Here is what you will need for teeth whitening:
- Wet toothbrush
- 1 charcoal pill
- Open the charcoal capsule onto a clean dish and rub your wet toothbrush onto the black powder.
- Brush your teeth with the powder and let it sit on your teeth while your face mask hardens.
- Rinse mouth and brush with your regular toothpaste after five minutes.
Charcoal has MANY health benefits. It not only can help to rid the body of toxins and other impurities. It can also help alleviate hangovers as well as gas and bloating. When you use charcoal on your teeth it not only whitens them over time in a safer way, it also draws out bacteria that can cause gum disease and gingivitis. The face mask has the ability to draw dirt, toxins, and other micro-particles from the skin. If you are concerned about putting non-toxic glue on your face simply do not use it or you could do a small patch test to see if you react to it. I have pretty sensitive skin and I have had no issues with it yet. I’m not sure about you but I used to put Elmer’s glue on my hand as a kid and peeled it off all of the time.
So does charcoal really work? After using the charcoal mask for about a month I have noticed a big improvement in my skin tone and texture. My pores are smaller and I have significantly less black and white heads. After about 1/2 a month of using the charcoal powder daily on my teeth, I have noticed they have become much whiter after each use. Usually, when I use whitening strips my teeth can become sensitive but I do not have this reaction after using the charcoal on my teeth.
I will definitely consider using charcoal for my beauty needs after this little experiment. I will probably only whiten 3 times a week vs every day since I’m too lazy to keep up with this routine daily. The face mask I will probably do once a month because this routine is a bit more time consuming and I’m too impatient to mix everything and wait 20-30 minutes. Overall I would totally recommend trying these techniques out for yourself. They are not only beneficial to your health but they are also cheaper ways to get your beauty on!