Hey, Dudes & Dudettes!
Allow me to introduce you to the heartiest chili you will ever eat! Recently I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and have had to make many lifestyle changes to my diet. This included cutting out gluten, most meats, and dairy. It has been an interesting journey thus far, to say the least, but I am having a lot of fun finding different ways of creating recipes that I love to fit my new lifestyle. Not only is this chili full of veggies, vegan, and gluten-free, it’s also full of flavor as well!
Here is what you’ll need:
Vegan Gluten-Free Chili
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of chili beans (the seasoned kind)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes with chilies
- 1 can of corn
- 2 cans of jackfruit
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced (any mushroom of your choice)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- teaspoon veggie bouillon (you may also use salt and pepper to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 2 Jalapenos, diced
- Make sure to open all your cans so they are ready to go. Make sure to drain the black beans but do not drain the chili beans with seasonings (this will add to the flavor)
- It’s time to work those muscles! Dice the onion, garlic, red pepper, green pepper, Jalapeno, and jackfruit. Then set aside.
- Grab your zucchini, and mushrooms, slice thinly to your liking.
- Turn your stovetop burner to medium heat. Pour the two tablespoons of the olive oil into a deep pan and add your diced garlic, sautee until soft.
- Once your garlic is soft, add your onion, Jalapenos, red pepper, green pepper, mushrooms, and zucchini. Cook until slightly soft.
- Add beans, corn, jackfruit, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, and garlic powder. (If you are lazy like me you can also use the pre-made chili seasoning packets)
- Once you have all ingredients in the pot stir it all together and enjoy the beautiful colors!
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of veggie bullion.
- Lower your heat, cover the pot, let that baby simmer for 45 minutes.
- Once your chili is done, garnish with your favorite toppings! I love to top my chili with avocado and cilantro. Enjoy!